The hospitality industry’s leading partner for maximising food profitability was proud to support the AA’s Hotel of the year for London award 2017 which was presented by PSL’s Stephen Beech (Director of Growth) to the Goring Hotel London.
The Goring has been an icon of luxurious yet intimate British hospitality since it was completed in 1910, just a few months before the death of Edward VII, making it one of the last hotels that can call itself truly Edwardian. In keeping with the innovation of the new century it was a truly modern establishment – believed to be the first hotel in the world to have central heating in every room. Its location, less than half a mile from Buckingham Palace, gives it a strong royal connection; Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother was a regular guest, and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge stayed in the newly created Royal Suite on the night before her wedding in 2011.
Essentially, The Goring is a family business. Opened by Otto Goring, it is now overseen by his great-grandson Jeremy, who took over as CEO in 2005. Other top members of the team include Managing Director, David Morgan-Hewitt, who has been at the hotel since 1990; and Hotel Manager, Stuart Geddes, who has done much to increase The Goring’s tally of awards and accolades.
Attended by the country’s leading chefs, prominent hoteliers and restaurateurs, the AA Hospitality Awards is a highlight in the industry calendar. This year’s menu was created by AA Chef of the Year 2016–17 Simon Rogan, and the celebrity host was Mel Giedroyc.
It was also a great night for many of PSL’s clients and we were delighted to see the following awards being achieved.
- Coworth Park; Ascot new 5 AA Red Stars and 3 AA Rosettes
- The Mount Somerset; Taunton Eden Hotel Collection new 4 Red Stars and 3 AA Rosettes
- Bovey Castle, Moretonhampstead Eden Hotel Collection; new 5 Red Stars and 3 AA Rosettes
- Tzveta Peneva-Ivanova, the Milestone, London Red Carnation Hotels; AA Housekeeper of the Year
- Horto Restaurant at Rudding Park, Harrogate; new 3 AA Rosettes
- Celeste at the Lanesborough, London; new 3 AA Rosettes
- The Orangery at Rockliffe Hall, Darlington; new 4 AA Rosettes